The J 675
is a Sydney Tram Car built in 1904 and retired in 1934.
It was built to operate on the steeply graded and curved
Watson's Bay line. The tram has been restored and was
officially unveiled at the Open Day.
It had been
withdrawn in 1934 and sold to a carpenter who lived in
Punchbowl, NSW. The local Council did not like the idea
of a tram being used as a shed so he covered it using
fibro. This protected the body of the tram.
He used the
tram's body as his " shed/workshop" and 60 years
later the body was acquired by the Sydney Tramway Museum;
it was restored to operating condition by the Bendigo
Tramway and on February 22 it was launched into operation
at the Sydney Tramway Museum by members of the family
and the chairman of the Museum along with members of the
It is certainly
a beautiful work of restoration. The wood work is especially
is 104 years old and has not run for for 75 years!